1. Crumble tofu into the bowl of a food processor.In a liquid measuring cup, measure the 2 Tbsp soy sauce and add enough water to get to the 100mL line.
2. Add to food processor.
3. Add almond meal, oil, onion, garlic, paprika/liquid smoke, sugar, salt, pepper, coriander, mustard, nutmeg, cardamom, and cumin to the processor and pulse until smooth, about two minutes.
4. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add vital wheat gluten and cornstarch to the mixture and stir to combine. Knead gently - the mixture will be soft but you'll see strands of gluten forming.Divide the dough into eight equal pieces.
6. Roll each into a rough hot dog shape (doesn't have to be perfect). Wrap each dog in parchment paper and then aluminum foil. Twist ends of the foil shut.In a large pot with a steamer insert or basket, bring enough water to just under the steamer to a boil. Arrange your hot dogs in the steamer - close together is fine, and it's okay if they're touching.Cover and steam for 45 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool in the pot, uncovered.To cook, unwrap hot dogs and simmer in water for five minutes, or fry in a frying pan, or throw 'em on the grill until hot and pretty with grill marks!
7. Serve on buns with ketchup, mustard, relish, diced onions, or your favorite hot dog topping.