1. For the Salted Caramel Sauce: In a medium saucepan set to medium heat, add butter and sugar. Cook and stir with a wire whisk, 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture turns a deep amber color. Watch closely to avoid burning. Slowly and carefully stir in cream, vanilla and salt.
2. Mixture will be bubbly.
3. Whisking constantly, cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon.For the Chocolate Chunk Bars: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spread half of cookie batter in prepared baking dish.
7. Pour salted caramel sauce over batter, spreading almost to the edges.
8. Spread remaining batter over caramel layer.
9. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cool bars completely in pan set on a wire rack. Lift out bars by grabbing the foil edges and place on a cutting board.
10. Cut into bars.Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.Enjoy!