1. Heat oven 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Weighthe meat (if you don’t know the weightalready) and calculate the cooking time:15 mins per 450g for rare, 20 mins formedium and 25 mins for well-done.
3. Place the meat in a roasting tray, rub allover with the oil and season generouslywith salt and pepper. Use the tip of asharp knife to make incisions all over thejoint, then in each one insert sprigs ofrosemary with a sliver of garlic and pieceof anchovy, if using.
4. Put the meat in theoven for 10 mins, then turn down to180C/160C fan/gas
5. Now roast foryour calculated time, basting the meatoccasionally with any pan juices.
6. Removefrom the oven and rest the joint for atleast 15 mins before carving.