1. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt, a few cracks of black pepper, thyme, oregano, and olive oil.
2. Add the chickpeas and the mozzarella. Toss well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Add a tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cook according to the directions on the packaging until al dente. When done, drain in a colander.
5. Toss the pasta in the large bowl with the mozzarella and chickpeas.
6. Add a handful of the arugula a sprinkling of parmesan and stir. Continue this process until all of the arugula and most of the parmesan has been added. The arugula will wilt slightly due to the warm pasta. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed. Divide the pasta between four large bowls, and sprinkle with the remaining grated Parmesan. This pasta is great warm, but also works at room temperature.