1. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. Place bread slices in one layer on the largest sheet pan you have (a jelly roll pan is ideal).
3. Pour egg mixture over bread slices, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Flip bread slices over halfway through soaking time or at least one hour before baking.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter and pecans until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour onto another large sheet or jelly roll pan, spreading evenly on the bottom on the pan.
6. Place soaked bread pieces on the sugar mixture.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread slices are golden brown and the sugar bubbles.
8. Serve immediately while still hot.