1. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Mix until well combined and smooth.Next add the 6 crushed OREO cookies and mix until thoroughly mixed
3. Remove the pie crust from the package and flatten. Use a circular cutter approximately 4 inches diameter to cut the pie crust into circles. Use a rolling pin to make the dough thinner.Take a heaping tablespoon of the OREO filling and place in the middle of the pie crust circles.Fold each pie crust over in half and press the edges together with a fork to seal them together.Space the hand pies evenly on a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg over each hand pie. Then use a sharp knife to cut a slit in the top of the pie crust, about inch long on each hand pie.
4. Bake at 350F for approximately 15 minutes until the bottom and edges start to brown.For the topping: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable oil and microwave for 30-45 seconds until the chocolate starts to melt and then stir until smooth.
5. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the hand pies and then sprinkle with crushed OREO cookies. These can be served warm or at room temperature.