1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together water, yeast, and honey.
2. Let stand 10 minutes. With dough hook attachment, turn mixer to low speed, and incorporate flours and salt. Then pour in the maple syrup and butter. If dough is too sticky, add more flour by the tablespoon until a soft dough forms.
3. Add trail mix. Knead dough in stand mixer, on low, for 15-20 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes by hand, or until smooth and elastic. Oil the mixing bowl and place dough back in. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place (like the oven with the oven light on) for 2-3 hours, or until doubled. Grease a loaf pan. Punch dough down and shape into a loaf.
4. Place dough into greased loaf pan. Cover with towel and allow to rise again, 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 (if you have your bread rising in the oven, be sure to remove it before preheating your oven).
5. Bake 30-40 minutes until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped on top. Turn out of pan and cool on a cooling rack. Slice and serve. Store in a plastic bag.