1. Preheat oven to 350.In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice, baking powder and baking salt.
2. Cut in cold butter until crumbly.In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and maple syrup.
3. Add to the dry ingredients, just until moistened.
4. Pour into 8" square baking dish. Set aside.
5. Combine brown and white sugar, cinnamon, ginger and allspice small bowl.
6. Add in the melted butter and whisk.
7. Add flour and mix again. Should be nice and crumbly.
8. Pour the crumb topping over the batter in the baking dish.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.