1. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe - Food Fanatic
2. My Recipe Box
6. Sign In
7. Recipe Index
8. Recipes By Tag
9. Dessert Recipes
10. Food Network Recipes
11. Healthy Recipes
12. Copycat Recipes
13. Bar Dessert Recipes
14. Gluten Free Recipes
15. Cookie Recipes
16. Gluten Free Dinner Recipes
17. Baking Recipes
18. Slow Cooker Recipes
20. My Recipe Box
24. Sign In
26. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe
27. Stacey Mebs |
29. April 10, 2018 10:00 am
30. These homemade cream biscuits use only 4 ingredients! They take just minutes to mix up and result in wonderfully flaky homemade biscuits you will love.
31. Ah, homemade biscuits. One of my favourite foods in the world.
32. Especially when its alongside a hearty bowl of this slow cooker chili. That almost needs to have a warm and flaky, fresh from the oven, homemade biscuit with it! Or soup! Any soup - I love biscuits with my soup.
33. Evidently I enjoy my comfort food. What can I say?
34. There's just something about buttery, flaky, warm bread - it can't be resisted. Even better when you can have that homemade biscuit taste with the ease of just four ingredients and a few minutes of your time.
35. Because that's literally all these homemade cream biscuits take. Minutes. That's it. No cutting in butter or anything - and you still get those lovely flaky layers that we all love in our biscuits.
36. You will likely have them ready to put in the oven before your oven is even preheated. That's how easy they are.
37. Using heavy cream as the source of both the fat and the liquid in these biscuits makes them a lot faster to make then your typical buttermilk biscuit recipe.
38. They taste a bit different, and are definitely best the day they are made, but you still have the crisp exterior and soft interior with all the flaky layers. In short, these homemade cream biscuits are amazing, and you should probably make some to have with your dinner tonight.
39. Only four ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt and cream. You very likely already have everything you need to be enjoying a warm biscuit in approximately 20 minutes.
40. As far as comfort food goes, it doesn't get much better then that! And if you want them to be a bit healthier, they are also fantastic if you replace half (or even all) of the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
41. I often make them this way - then I can feel a bit better about eating too many of them!
42. Are you tired of the dinner routine?
43. Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
44. Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you havent joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
45. You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If youve already joined, invite a friend along!
46. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe
47. 10 Servings
48. Rate This Recipe
49. 0 / 5.0
51. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe
52. 15 minutes
53. 15 minutes
54. (1 Vote)
56. 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
57. 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
58. 1/2 teaspoon Salt
59. 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
60. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
61. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
62. Add the cream and mix until the dough starts to come together slightly.
63. Turn it out onto a lightly floured countertop and press the dough together with your hands into a rough rectangle about one inch thick.
64. Fold the dough over onto itself and then turn it 90 degrees. Press it out into a one-inch thick rectangle again.
65. Repeat the folding 4-5 times, at which point the dough will no longer be super crumbly and then cut out 2 1/2-inch circles.
66. Press the scraps together and cut out the remaining biscuits.
67. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
68. Serve immediately.
69. Want more tasty recipes?
70. Sign up for our newsletter to receive recipes deliver to your inbox for
71. I have found that folding the dough, pressing it out, and repeating this 4-5 times makes the flakiest biscuits that rise the highest. Make sure not to twist the cutter when cutting the biscuits out as this will seal the edges and prevent them from rising.
73. Cuisinart Stainless Steel
74. Mixing Bowls
75. Le Creuset Revolution Spatula
76. Demarle Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat
77. Le Creuset Jelly
78. Roll Pan
79. Lunchbox Recipes, Biscuit Recipes, Bread Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes,
80. Baked Recipes, Baking Recipes, Side Dish Recipes
81. 5 minutes
82. 5 minutes
83. 20 minutes
84. 20 minutes
85. Nutrition Facts
86. Serving Size
87. 1 biscuit
88. Servings Per Recipe
89. Amount Per Serving
90. Calories from Fat 107
92. % Daily Value*
93. Total Fat
94. Saturated Fat
96. Total Carbohydrate
97. Dietary Fiber
100. * Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
101. ** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret.
102. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.
103. Want more tasty recipes?
104. Sign up for our newsletter to receive recipes deliver to your inbox for
105. About Stacey
106. Stacey loves to
107. Bake. Eat. Repeat. so much that it inspired the name of her blog. With three young kids at home, she's become an expert at packing lunches. Say hello to our Lunchbox fanatic!
108. Connect With Stacey
109. More Recipes From Stacey
110. Want more tasty recipes?
111. Sign up for our newsletter to receive recipes deliver to your inbox for
112. Lunchbox Recipes
113. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe
114. Coconut Granola Bars Recipe
115. Hot Cross Buns Recipe
116. Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
118. Homemade Cream Biscuits Recipe
119. Coconut Granola Bars
120. Hot Cross Buns
122. April 2018
123. March 2018
124. February 2018
125. January 2018
126. 2017 Archives
127. 2016 Archives
128. 2015 Archives
129. 2014 Archives
130. 2013 Archives
131. 2012 Archives
132. 2018 Food Fanatic
134. Sign in to Food Fanatic
135. Sign in with Facebook
136. Sign in with Twitter
137. Sign in with Google
139. Remember me
140. Forgot your password?
141. New to Food Fanatic?
143. April 10, 2018
144. April 10, 2018
145. Stacey Mebs
146. Stacey Mebs
147. 8-10 biscuits
148. 8-10 biscuits
149. Lunchbox, Biscuits, Bread, Quick Bread,
150. Baked, Baking, Side Dishes