1. Wash broccoli and pat dry.
2. Cut off the the broccoli flowers, leaving the stems aside. You can save the stems for use with a different recipe.
3. Place broccoli in a medium sized bowl. Crumble crisp bacon and add to bowl.
4. Add chopped red onions, raisins if desired, shredded cheese and stir. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir the dressing together and drizzle over broccoli.
5. Add tomatoes last and mix the tomatoes in gently. Cover salad and store overnight. You can serve immediately if you desire, better flavors result the longer you let the salad rest.