1. Cook rice vermicelli noodles according to package directions.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
3. Combine 1/2 cup lukewarm water and granulated sugar in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Add lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and chiles; set aside.
5. Combine lettuce, cucumber and herbs; set aside.
6. Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl; stir until well combined.
7. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
8. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat.
9. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat.
10. Add half of shrimp; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are seared.
11. Remove from pan.
12. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil to wok; swirl to coat. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.Reduce heat to medium-high.
13. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok; swirl to coat.
14. Add onions and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.Return shrimp to pan; stir-fry 1 minute.Arrange about 1 cup lettuce mixture in each of 4 large bowls, and top each serving with about 1 cup noodles and 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts.Divide the shrimp evenly among servings, and serve each with 1/4 cup of sauce.Find more grilled shrimp recipes on Food Republic:Grilled Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
15. Grilled Shrimp With Lime Powder Recipe
16. Smashed Shrimp Shumai Recipe