1. The evening before, in a medium saucepan whisk together the brown sugar, molasses, salt, spices, and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.Stir in the oats and return to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature in the pan.Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.The next morning, uncover the oatmeal and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. The oatmeal will thicken up more as it cools.
3. Remove from heat and stir in crystallized ginger.
4. Let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
5. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with pecans.