1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, using a large spoon, mix together peanut butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg and baking soda until well blended.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp each) onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
5. Flatten each slightly.
6. Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes.
7. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Store cookies in a single layer in an airtight container, they are somewhat delicate so don't just toss them into a bag or they can break apart.
9. Recipe Source: adapted from Southern Living and others