1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. Mixing by hand: In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. Add the grated butter and use a your fingers to work the butter into the dry mixture and form fine crumbs. Stir in buttermilk with a wooden spoon until the dough is mixed together and a little sticky.Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly and form into a small round.
4. Roll dough into a rectangle (1/2 inch thick); dust the top of the dough lightly with flour. Fold dough into thirds (as if you’re folding a piece of paper to slide into an envelope). Re-roll dough into another rectangle (1/2 inch thick). Fold into thirds again; roll into another rectangle.
5. Cut dough with a mini biscuit cutter to form dough rounds. Gather scraps and gently pat the dough together again to cut more biscuits. (don't cut the scraps more than once.)
6. Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
8. Remove from pan; cool 2 minutes on wire racks.
9. Serve warm.
10. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Allow to cool and then store in air tight containers and refrigerate.