1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat an 8 1/2-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine wine and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Let cool.Meanwhile, cover figs with water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until the figs are plump, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Drain and chop coarsely. Set aside.Cover raisins with warm water in a small bowl.
5. Let soak for about 5 minutes.
6. Drain, pressing to release excess moisture.
7. Mix together the figs, raisins, almonds, walnuts, citron, chocolate and honey in a large bowl. Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, flour, breadcrumbs, orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg and add to the almond mixture. Gradually stir in oil and the reduced wine. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
8. Bake until the cake is firm to the touch, 40 to 50 minutes.
9. Let cool in the pan on a rack. Cover and let stand overnight to allow to flavor to deepen before serving.