1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
2. Add in the egg and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add molasses and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoons) to create dough balls.
4. Roll each dough ball in granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes.Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!