1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the butter for several minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the brown sugar and the cranberry sauce.
3. Mix in the flour mixture a little bit at a time until just combined.Form into a log that's about 6 inches long and 1 1/2 inches tall.Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.When you are ready to bake, prepare the filling by thoroughly mixing the cream cheese and maple syrup.Preheat oven to 350 F.Using a sharp knife, slice chilled cookie dough into 1/4 inch discs.
4. Place half the slices on parchment-lined cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart (they grow a lot in the oven). If the dough splits at all during this process, just push it back together. It's no big deal.
5. Place 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each disc on the cookie sheets.Top with remaining discs and press around the edge of each disc to join the halves together. Don't worry if the top cookie cracks a little bit; it will look fine after it bakes.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.Cool on wire racks.