1. Put the grated potato, cheese,breadcrumbs and spring onions intoa mixing bowl with 1 egg. Sprinkle over1 tsp salt and plenty of freshly groundblack pepper.
2. Mix together.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly flouredsurface to just slightly thicker than a £1coin. Use a 16-17cm saucer or bowl tocut out 6 circles of pastry – you mayneed to re-roll trimmings to get the lastone. Warm the Marmite in a small pan orin the microwave with a splash of waterso it is a bit runnier, then brush overeach circle, leaving a 2-3cm borderaround each edge.Divide the filling between the middlesof each circle, then beat remaining eggand brush a little around each border.For each, bring up 2 sides of pastry tomeet over the filling, and pinch andcrimp to seal into a pasty shape. If eatingstraight away, transfer pasties to abaking sheet and chill while you heatoven to 160C/140C fan/gas
4. Or leaveon the tray, wrap well in cling film andfreeze for up to 3 months.
5. Brush the pasties all over with moreegg.
6. Bake for 50 mins-1 hr until goldenbrown and crisp. Eat warm, or cool, inthe next 24 hrs.