1. In a microwave-safe measuring cup, melt 1/2 cup of butter.
2. Pour it into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, soda and salt ).
4. Add chocolate chips or chunks to dry ingredients. Stir.
5. Add both sugars to your melted butter and stir together until smooth.
6. Add egg and vanilla and stir again.
7. Add the dry ingredients with chocolate and fold it in. Do not over mix.You can place the bowl with your dough in the fridge while preheating your waffle maker.Scoop the dough by teaspoons and bake for about 2 minutes. Check on the cookies. You can bake them for another 30 seconds if you want them more brown and eventually more crunchy.
8. Let cool on a wire rack. They will crispy up as they cool.