1. Mix 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Cut the raw chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Pat dry.
4. Add it to the cornstarch mixture and toss until coated on all sides.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a heavy skillet on medium high heat. I use cast iron.
6. Heat the oil until it shimmers then add about half the chicken pieces.
7. Cook for 3 minutes without stirring.
8. Turn carefully and cook for 3 more minutes.
9. Remove from the pan.
10. Add more oil if needed and repeat with the remaining chicken.
11. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
12. Add the chopped garlic and saute for just a few seconds.
13. Add the chicken stock, orange marmalade, chicken stock, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar,brown sugar, onion powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
14. Bring to a boil.
15. Carefully spoon the chicken back into the pan.
16. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and thick, stirring often.
17. If you need it thicker add an extra tablespoon of cornstarch to 2 tablespoons of water and stir into the sauce.
18. Cook until the sauce is thick.
19. Serve immediately over noodles or rice.