1. Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Cut the butter and the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using a rubber spatula, stir in just enough water to bind. Gather into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Carefully transfer the dough to a 9-inch tart pan. Gently fit the dough into the tart pan and trim any excess off the edge by rolling the rolling pin over top of the pan. Prick the bottom all over with a fork. Line with parchment paper and fill the tart pan with pie weights.
5. Bake for 12 minutes.
6. Remove the parchment paper and pie weights and continue baking until the crust is golden brown, 5 to 10 more minutes.
7. Make the Filling: While the crust bakes prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, Swiss cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. When the crust comes out of the oven, immediately sprinkle the bacon over the bottom crust, and then slowly pour the egg mixture over the bacon to fill the crust.
8. Bake until the quiche is puffed and brown, about 30 minutes.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator.